Traject Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 12, 2020
These Terms of Service including any additional terms and conditions accompanying our products, services, promotions, trials, or similar offerings (collectively, “Terms”), apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile applications, and other online products and services including without limitation Grade.us, AuthorityLabs, Cyfe, Fanbooster, Traject Data, and GatherUp (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Grade Us, LLC dba Traject or its affiliates (together, “Traject,” “we,” “our,” and “us”). By clicking “I Accept” or by using our Services, you agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver provision. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use our Services.
We may supply different or additional terms in relation to some of our Services (“Other Terms”), and those Other Terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Other Terms, the Other Terms will control to the extent of that conflict, except where expressly stated herein.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Terms
Among other things, Traject enables you to bundle a suite of tools, products, and services offered by Traject or its affiliates. As mentioned, certain tools, products, and services may be accompanied by Other Terms that supplement these Terms, and, in cases where Other Terms conflict with these Terms, control to the extent of the conflict (except where expressly noted herein).
The Other Terms that govern the use of specific tools, products, or services include, among others, the following for each respective tool, product, or service:
- Grade.us – Grade.us Terms
- AuthorityLabs – AuthorityLabs Terms
- Cyfe – Cyfe Terms
- Fanbooster – Fanbooster Terms
- GatherUp – GatherUp Terms
- Traject Data – Traject Data Terms
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services and not a competitor. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
- User Accounts and Account Security
You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames, including on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those usernames.
- User Content
Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store and share content, including messages, text, photos, videos, software and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, as between you and Traject.
You grant Traject and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo) may be visible to others.
You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. You represent and warrant that your User Content, and our use of such content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice.
- Prohibited Conduct and Content
You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services or accessing other platforms hosted or sponsored by us. You will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Traject;
- Impersonate or post on behalf or any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Sell, or resell our Services or any content therein;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You may also post or otherwise share only User Content that is nonconfidential and that you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
- In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose Traject or others to any harm or liability of any type.
Enforcement of this section is solely at Traject’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this section does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
- Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by Traject or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Traject and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Traject and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about Traject or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including, without limitation, to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in Traject’s sole discretion. You understand that Traject may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
- Repeat Infringer Policy; Copyright Complaints
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Traject’s designated agent as follows:
Address: 15400 SE 30th PL, Suite 202
Bellevue, WA 98007
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to Traject for certain costs and damages.
- Third-Party Content
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on, through or as part of the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of, interaction with, or reliance on any Third-Party Content, including without limitation the importing, exporting, or ingestion of such Third-Party Content, is solely between you and the third party. Traject does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk. Traject is not responsible or liable to extent for the Third-Party Content including without limitation its accuracy, legality, functionality or appropriateness. You acknowledge that such Third-Party Content may be subject to additional third-party terms and conditions and agree that compliance with such third-party terms and conditions are your sole responsibility. Additionally, you agree that such third-party terms and conditions are specific to you and that third-party and do not involve us by virtue of being provided, made available or incorporated within the Services.
- Payments and Refunds.
The following provisions of this section shall apply to the extent that they do not conflict with Other Terms that are applicable to specific Services. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms or any applicable Other Terms (including the foregoing sentence), you agree that Traject may discount any Fees (defined below), costs, and expenses payable by you and may consolidate the total amount you owe for all Services for a given Subscription Period, Renewal Subscription Period, or other similar service period into one bill and payment in its sole discretion.
- General. Fees are required for certain paid Services (“Subscriptions”) and are payable in U.S. Dollars. Such Subscriptions may be made available on a one-time, monthly or annual basis (each a “Subscription Period”). For Subscriptions with monthly and annual Subscription Periods, you agree that such Subscription will automatically renew for successive, equivalent Subscription Periods (each a “Renewal Subscription Period”) until you cancel such Subscription(s) in accordance with these Terms. Promotions, trial periods and other similar offerings may be subject to additional terms and conditions. By accessing, using or redeeming such offerings, you agree to those additional terms and conditions.
- Fees. By purchasing a Subscription, you agree that Traject may bill you in advance for all applicable fees, taxes and other charges that you may incur in connection with the access and use of that Subscription (collectively, “Fees”). Fees associated with certain Subscriptions are subject to change at Traject’s sole discretion. Such changes will not become effective until your next Renewal Subscription Period. Fees are based on the Subscription and Subscription Period selected on not on actual usage. You expressly authorize us to charge your payment card on file in advance for each Subscription Period and Renewal Period. We require that you keep a valid payment card on file to access your Subscription(s) and You agree to keep your payment card information on file accurate and current. If payment is not received or cannot be charged for any reason (including without limitation as a result of an invalid or expired payment card) in advance of the Subscription Period of Renewal Period, Traject reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to that Subscription and other Subscriptions affected.
- Plan Levels. Certain Subscriptions allow for the plan level to be upgraded or downgraded at your discretion. Upon such upgrade or downgrade in plan level, you authorize us to charge the new prorated amount for the current Subscription Period and to charge the new total amount of each Subscription for each Renewal Period thereafter. Please note that downgrading your Subscription may cause the loss of User Content, data, information, features or other functionality that is associated with your account. You bear all risk from downgrading any Subscription and release Traject from all liability and consequences related thereto.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your Subscription through your account or by contacting customer service at any time. Upon proper submission, the cancellation will become effective immediately, and your access to and use of that Subscription will terminate. Any amounts paid or prepaid for a Subscription Period or Renewal Period will not be refunded as a result of cancellation.
- Effects of Cancellation. If your account or Subscription is cancelled or otherwise expires or terminates, Traject may delete all or some of your account information along with any account settings from our servers. Once any account information or account settings are deleted, you will not be able to recover this data and you will lose access to all of your User Content (except that content stored or published to third-party websites, that data may remain on such third-party website(s), subject to the applicable terms and conditions of that third party). We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use your account or the Services.
- Nonrefundable. All Fees are nonrefundable. There are no refunds or credits for a partial Subscription Period or a partial Renewal Period.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Traject and its affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Traject Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You agree to promptly notify Traject Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Traject Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Traject Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Traject’s sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Traject or the other Traject Parties.
Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Traject does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Traject attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
- Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Traject and the other Traject Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Traject or the other Traject Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of Traject and the other Traject Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to $100.
The limitations set forth in this section will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Traject or the other Traject Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Traject and the other Traject Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
- Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
- Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Traject and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration agreement. In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial.
No Representative Actions. You and Traject agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Traject and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
Arbitration of Disputes. Except for small claims disputes in which you or Traject seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Traject seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and Traject waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services resolved in court. Instead, for any dispute or claim that you have against Traject or relating in any way to the Services, you agree to first contact Traject and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to Traject by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by certified mail addressed to 15400 SE 30th PL, Suite 202, Bellevue, WA 98007. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Traject cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in King County, Washington, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and Traject agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this section will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitrator, Traject, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including, but not limited to, all information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
You and Traject agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and Traject will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Company, Traject will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Traject agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Washington and the United States sitting in King County, Washington have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
Any claim arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Traject will not have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this section by contacting Traject at email@example.com or via certified mail addressed to 15400 SE 30th PL, Suite 202, Bellevue, WA 98007. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are otherwise agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with these Terms.
If any portion of this section is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this section or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this section; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this section is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this section will be enforceable.
- Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Washington, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Washington or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Washington and the United States, respectively, sitting in King County, Washington.
- Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
You may not assign, transfer or delegate these Terms, the Services or your obligations herein, by operation of law or otherwise, without Traject’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign, transfer or delegate such without consent will be void and have no effect. Traject may assign, transfer or delegate these Terms, the Services or any obligations herein at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms, the Services and each party’s respective obligations will bind and inure to their successors and permitted assignees, transferees or delegates.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of Traject to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.